22 February 2012

Determined

I went for a run tonight in the cool February misty rain. Really? Who could be so crazy as to go for a run at midnight in February? But I am determined to get this aging body back into shape, and I have six months to do it in. I figure two rounds of P90X should do it, (coupled with a diet focusing on fruits, vegetables, and fish). The hard part is finding a consistent time to exercise in. I have a hard time balancing the elements of my life. I get so busy with work and my studies that I neglect my health. Even on my days off, the days that I dedicate to my art, I have a hard time striking a balance. I find it a burden to break from my painting to cook (though I have no problem breaking for a nap, sleep has always been more important than food). It's probably a good thing that I take so much cream and sugar with my tea, I probably get half my calories on those days from the ceremony of afternoon tea. Speaking of, I think I'll make myself a cup right now. I bought a few new flavors that other day and I have yet to try the Acai Green Tea. I shouldn't be buying more tea, but it is so hard to resist when they make them sound so good. Don't tell Steve, but I now have 30 different flavors of tea. I have a new favorite every other day. I'm not such a capricious person, but when the harmony of the botanicals of the Earth come together, it's hard not to. Amongst my new favorites is the absolutely divine Vanilla Apricot White Tea from Tazo.