27 April 2012

Farewell

The past few weeks have been difficult. I hate saying goodbye, I never know what to say, but so many goodbyes have had to be said. 

Goodbyes at the clinic came first. I was not long with the Maliheh clinic, but I was a valued volunteer and they were sad to see me go. Then came Primary Children's Medical Center, where I volunteered for many, many years. I loved those kids and I loved volunteering at the children's hospital. It was nearly a perfect day. I began the shift out by holing a baby in the NICU (the baby threw up on me, but most of it went into the pillow and blanket). I then played foosball with a school aged boy, and finished the day out by saying goodbye to a number of the friends I have made there. The goodbyes to my cohorts at work seemed to never end. With each shift of the week there was someone different that I wouldn't see again. The week was concluded with a farewell at the Tavernacle, a local piano bar to Salt Lake. Although I am not a drinker, most my friends are, and I wanted a place they would enjoy themselves, which I knew they would at a bar, but I wanted one with a little class. It was entertaining, but sad. A few days later I would make my way to St. George to visit with family. I hadn't expected to see very many of my siblings, as most of them are spread across the country side, but most were able to make it down for a farewell dinner (save my brother David, who is in prison, and a few of my nieces and nephews). It was suppose to be a surprise, but someone leaked information to me. The pictures below are of the family that was able to make it. I will miss my family and my friends, but thankfully I live in an age where communication it something we tend to take for granted because of its ease.  

Top Row: *Jaeden, *Kaylor, *Chastity, #Beca, #Josh, @Bonnie, *Sadie, @Steven, *Chelsea, @Melanie, #Gary Buys, *Michelle, #Shelly, @Shawn, #Karen, Gary James
Middle Row: *River, *Dayon, @Barbara, *Teigan, *Garric, @Tim, *Tawna, *Kimberly
Bottom Row: *Cage, *Creed, @Julie, *Blake, *Spencer, *Skyler
Missing: @David, *Ashley, *Courtney, *Kylee, *Bailee, *Harley, #Cody, *Corbin, *Jorie, *Landon
Key @ = Sibling/Mom/Dad, # = inlaw, * = Niece/Nephew 

The Girls: Karen, Bonnie, Barbara, Julie, Melanie

The Boys: Gary James, Steven, Tim, Shawn, Missing David


The Twins and and Sadie
I'm most definitely Sadie's Favorite




I'm going to miss those boys...

My final farewell...