28 December 2011

Preface

I present to you a page out of my Journal (albeit with editing), dated January 2005. The title of the entry is Preface, being the first entry of "Book One of the Volume of My Life".

"For some reason, unknown to myself, I have a fascination with books. Particularly books with blank pages. One might thumb through such a books and gaze upon its empty pages and see nothing, think nothing, nor feel anything. I, on the other hand, will pick up a book that is void of markings, as if it were a precious treasure in my hand. I have purchased many of these beautiful books with no particular purpose to its end. Contained within the empty pages I envision a potential of what those pages might hold: My future, my thoughts, my ideas, my poetry, my life. It is my journal, my diary, my mind."