26 May 2012

Day Twenty

 Market Fares
Todays market fares included: Mangos (from Clive), pineapple, passion fruit, something the locals call apricot, which is defiantly not an apricot (I don't think I like it), carrots, spinach (it's very bitter, I don't think I will buy that again), tomatoes, basil, garlic (I made a very simple, but amazing red sauce with these three and white wine, olive oil, butter, and salt. In retrospect a red wine would have been more appropriate, but a white seemed to work out rather well.) limes, green beans, something that looks like poo but is actually cocoa (the cocoa is graded to make hot coco), and finally tuna. I've spent most of the day at the market and cooking (but now I will sit down to eat and study). I don't think I will have to cook again for at least a couple of weeks, but that was the plan. I go to the Saturday market, I do some major cooking (I cooked a dozen different things today), and then I pack my dinners for the next week or two and put them in the freezer.