31 July 2011

Gateway

For all the bad things that I teach my nieces and nephews I'm sometimes surprised by the complete trust my twin gives me with her children. (I once had my niece memorize the fundamental truth regarding the nature of the milk carton by repeating, "It's a man's right to drink from the milk carton.") But then again, how can my sister not trust me, I love them as if they were my own children, and they are the closest thing that I will ever have to having children of my own.

A few weeks back the two bachelors of the family were given the privilege of tending the little ones. I wish I would have thought of this idea years ago, when there was a bit of Chaos in my life, but I thought the kids might enjoy the fountain at the Gateway.

Blake and Spencer waiting for the show to begin.

Boys will be boys.

I don't know what was going through his head, but it really did look like he was dancing out there.

Cha cha cha.

 And for the finally.

The innocence and joy of childhood: What a beautiful thing.

The fountain in its majesty (and by that I am referring the the grander of the children's joy). 

Of course uncle Gary had to buy them strawberry cheese cake ice-cream.

Uncle Steve is trying to teach Sadie the fine principal of sharing.

He was denied.